Now, I don't know which number this is exactly. I'd consider this an artistic performance, but an art gallery wasn't specified and I am incapable of thinking deeper into that.
The only reason I have heard of this is because when I went to go meet my library adviser, she suggested I stop by the gallery. She also mentioned free food.
Art? Food? Oh man, it's like two of the best things ever.
So I go down there nice and hungry, but must stop myself from eating before I eat foods.
They had a beautiful arrangement of constructed books into a neat art form. I forget the specific name, but some were folded in a manner that if you compressed them, an image was formed to resemble something the passage was talking about (a space shuttle, an old biplane, etc.).
So I liked the work, but it wasn't all that exciting.
UNTIL I ran into this lovely comic book.
Comic book? Oh dang, I want in on this action.
If you cannot fathom why I'd be this excited, then YOU'RE CRAZY.
But anyways, so this student took these old 1950's cartoons and rewrite them about the cliche love stories about men and women. Even changed the advertisements! It was called something simple, like 'Love and Romance', along that line.
I couldn't even fathom where they'd come up with that idea! It's pretty hilarious.
I mean, I bet if I tried to google an image for you, it would never be able to show...
Oh. Wait.
Never mind.
Oh well, I'm not one to judge.
Anyway, the art gallery was small, but lovely.

Best things ever? Try Louie Mackie
ReplyDelete