![]() |
By this time, I've lost most of my hair due to the boggled mind issue. |
What I'd love to have is a job, preferably freelance graphic design. Have my old code-monkey buddies start up a business with me, and make a silly amount of money out of it. This is all ideal. For now. Then again, this brings into the question if ideal has to mean that 'everything is really well off and you have perfection'. One day I could wake up, and want nothing more but to work some job that pays the bills, and want to live out my life with someone I love. This throws two entirely different scenarios and interests into the fray.
Now, who is to say you can't combine them? Me, that's who. My ideal cannot be perfect. Oddly enough, I don't think I can live in perfection where I have everything I wanted.
In the first scenario, I'd have to have the one who got away. The one who started and sparked my inspiration, and now for whatever reason isn't in my perfect picture. Maybe they are there on the sidelines, or maybe they died in a horrific crash, adding a back-story to my character's reason to keep going.
...did I just try and turn my ideal life into a story? Well, I'm not surprised.
In the second one, of course love would keep me company, but at what cost? Surely something or someone must have had to be left behind in order to keep this, right?
I guess my more realistic and happier scenario would involve making a small business with old friends of mine. It could be making games, websites, or maybe even become famous for creating art using poker chips. (It can happen.)
The people I have met already in my life already astound me, though I'm sure I'm bound to meet more unique characters to twist my ideal life.
Now I'm almost fully aware this isn't exactly what the guidelines wanted this blog post to be about, but choosing one exact answer for an ideal life after college is almost impossible for me. Part of me wants to run away, live with someone who I've developed an indescribable, yet confusing relationship with. Another bit wants to stay nestled in good old Connecticut, and make everyone come back to work with me. Or, maybe I'll take a stab at stand-up comedian. I'm supposedly funny. Worth a shot, right?
Aren't they all worth a shot?

No comments:
Post a Comment